Institute of Information and Communication Technology
Applications are sought for three Junior Research Fellows (JRFs) leading to
Ph. D. position at DA-IICT and SVNIT, to work on research project sponsored by
Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. Candidates may visit the
project website at
http://intranet.daiict.ac.in/~mv_joshi/ for information about the overall
Junior Research Fellow (JRF) leading to Ph. D
- Immersive Navigation for walk through application. (Sponsored by DST in
the category of India Digital Heritage for the site Hampi-Karnataka)
Summary of the project:
- The project has two parts. Part I of the project aims at developing high
quality digital immersive viewing system in terms of both the video and
audio for the heritage site in Hampi-Karnataka. The second part concentrates
on the acoustic analysis/synthesis of musical pillars of the Mahamandapam of
Number of Posts:
Compensation includes a salary of
- Rs.18000 per month + HRA if applicable for ME/M.Tech qualified for first
two years and Rs 20000 per month + HRA if applicable for third year.
- Rs.16000 per month + HRA for B.E. /B.Tech. Degree for first two years
and Rs 18000 per month + HRA if applicable for third year.
The candidates recruited for the above position are encouraged to register
for the PhD program at DA-IICT within 1 year from the date of joining.
- M.E./M.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering or Electronics and
Communication Engineering or a related discipline
- B.E./B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering or Electronics and
Communication Engineering (or a related discipline) and GATE qualified in
- Background in Image Processing/Computer Vision/ Digital Signal
Processing / Speech Communications/ Acoustics and knowledge of MATLAB/C/C++
will be an added advantage.
- 3 years (with an initial appointment for one year and possible renewal
for two more).
- Two JRFs will be working at DA-IICT, Gandhinagar and one will be working
at SVNIT, Surat.
How to Apply
Please send a CV (including a list of publications, if any) and a Statement
of Purpose (SOP) by email to any ONE of the following depending on the area.
1. Image Processing and Computer Vision:
Dr. Manjunath Joshi, DA-IICT, Gandhinagar.
Dr. Mukesh Zaveri, SVNIT, Surat.
2. Speech signal Processing and Acoustics:
Dr. Hemant A. Patil, DA-IICT, Gandhinagar.
Last date for receiving applications: