Summer Faculty Research Fellow Programme
at IIT Delhi : 2011
IIT Delhi is inviting faculty fellows from various Engineering and Science Institutes and Colleges in India other than IIT Delhi to
come and spend summer (May-July, 2011) for doing research under the guidance of a faculty mentor of IIT Delhi. The objective
is to facilitate and orient the faculty fellows to undertake research. The faculty fellow will also get an opportunity to interact and
work with the faculty and research students of the group and get exposure to the equipment and lab
facilities associated with the faculty mentor. Access to other general facilities such as the central library would also be feasible.
About the Programme:
- Faculty Mentors: A list of faculty mentors from the various departments at IIT Delhi will be notified by February 28, 2011 along
with a brief profile of their research. The prospective candidates may select a faculty mentor depending on the
match of their research interests and of the faculty mentor. The faculty fellow
should give preference (upto four) of the faculty mentors.
- Support: The faculty fellows will be provided subsidized campus accommodation.
Single Room (Hostel): Rs.140/- per day per head (includes boarding and lodging –with mattress but no bed sheets )
Note: The campus accommodation is available only in the period May 13, 2011 to July 16, 2011.
- Eligibility: The faculty fellow should be a regular faculty. The preference will be given to those who are considering higher
studies (Masters/PhD) in the near future
How to Apply:
Application: The applicant should submit the following; the form can be downloaded from IIT Delhi website
- Application form giving, amongst others: (i) Area of interest (ii) Statement of interest for working in the area
- No Objection Certificate from the parent institution stating the starting and ending dates for carrying out
full time research work at IIT Delhi under the summer programme.
- One photograph (passport size), pasted on the application form.
Where to Submit:
The application form along with the above documents should reach
1st floor, Wing-B, IIT DELHI
New Delhi-110 016
Telephone: 011-26597118, 26591915, 26591343
The application can also be submitted by email to qipcep(at)admin.iitd.ac.in
- Last date for application March 22, 2011
- Result notification April 21, 2011
- Programme Commencement May 13, 2011