Indian Institute of Technology
Post Doctoral Fellowship : 2011-12
Applications have been invited by Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee for
admission to Post Doctoral Fellowship of two years duration of Session
- Age limit: 35 years. The age limit may be relaxed in exceptional
- Duration: Two years (extendable for one more year).
- Contingency: Rs. 20,000/- per annum.
- HRA: As per norms prevailing in the IIT Roorkee.
- Candidates with a Ph.D. degree in Science, Engineering, Humanities or
Management with first class in the degree preceeding to Ph.D. with at least
two publications in refereed journals.
- Candidates who have recently submitted their doctoral thesis are also
eligible to apply subject to the condition that they will furnish the proof
of award of Ph.D. degree at the time of interview.
Fellowship, (likely to be revised)
- Rs. 25,000/- p.m. for a Ph.D. with 2 years experience
- Rs. 20,000/- p.m. for a recent Ph.D. degree holder.
How to Apply & Selection
- Candidates for PDF shall apply in the prescribed format (Form PDF-1)
along with a research plan as per the format given in Form PDF-1A.
- The candidates called for interview shall make a presentation of their
research plan before the selection committee in the concerned academic
- The selection committee shall interview the candidates and discuss their
research plan in detail.
For further details please contact
Chairman, PG Admission
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
ROORKEE-247 667 (Uttarankhand) INDIA
E-mail Address: pgadm(at)iitr.ernet.in
Phone: 01332 285875/284010
Fax: 01332 285874/273560
Last Date for Receipt of Filled Application Form is
April 21, 2011