University of Calcutta
Interested eligible candidates are requested to appear in an interview on the
17th March,2011 at 12 noon in the room of the Head , Department of Applied
Optics & Photonics, C.U. to work as the Senior Research Fellow in the Project
entitled “ Study on Acusto- Optical Memory in periodically poled Lithium Niobate”
funded by the DST, Govt. of India under the guidance of Dr. Rajib Chakraborty ,
Department of Applied Optics & photonics, C.U. Duration of the Project 3 years
Senior Research Fellow:
- M.Tech. in Optics & Opto-electronics / Electronics or equivalent. M.Sc.
in the above mentioned subject with 2 years research experience in the
relevant field as evidenced by published paper may also apply for the post.
- Candidates having experience in Optical testing and characterization ,
Micro / Nano Fabrication Technology will be given preference.
- Qualification or experience may be relaxed for extra ordinary candidates
( subject to consideration of the selection committee.
- Upper age limit – 32 years as in 01.03.11 ( 5 Years relaxable for Woman
- Fellowship Rs. 20000/- + admissible allowances as per sanction of the
funding agency and also as per norms of C.U.
Candidates are requested to bring
- Two sets of complete application furnishing biodata on plain paper with
attested copies of testimonials and
- all originals at the time of interview.
Interview Date: 17th
March,2011 at 12 noon