(IIT Bhubaneswar) : Indian Institute of Technology
Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar came into existence in July 22,
2008, inheriting the brand name IIT. This fact itself charges the Institute not
only to be worthy of its inheritance but also to be distinctive and
distinguished on its own by scripting a path towards novelties. Presented below
are the statements for Vision, Mission, Goals & Strategies (to achieve the
Goals) and the Core Values of IIT Bhubaneswar.
“We will be a highly respected Institute in the world for our distinctive
- To shape ourselves into a learning community where we work, listen and
respect each other.
- To encourage and facilitate faculty, researchers and students to work
synergistically across discipline boundaries.
- To infuse a sense of excitement in students in innovation & invention,
design & creation and entrepreneurship.
- To develop and pursue curricula those are dynamic, flexible and
holistically designed to facilitate creativity and cognitive thinking.
- To strive for productive partnership between the industry and the
1. Respecting students as budding engineers and scientists embarking on a
journey towards innovation and invention.
2. Nurturing freedom of thought and expression and encouraging sense of inquiry.
3. Empowering each person to rise to his/her full potential.
4. Respecting the opinions and rights of others.
Phone: +91 674 2306 300 / +91 674 2301 337
Samantapuri (Rearside of Hotel Swosti Plaza)
Phone: +91 674 2301 982 Fax: +91 674 2301983
Office of the Director
Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar
Phone: +91 674 2306200, +91 674 2576001
Courtesy: IIT Bhubaneswar