(Eligibility Criteria) IIT: Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination
for Design (UCEED) - 2017
A candidate, including a foreign national and PIO/OCI card holders, must fulfill each and every one of the following three criteria to appear in UCEED.
Criterion 1 – Age limit:
The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1997 if belonging to the GEN or OBC-NCL category and on or after October 1, 1992 if belonging to the SC, ST or PwD category.
Criterion 2 – Number of attempts:
A candidate can attempt UCEED for a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years. Note that UCEED score is valid for one year, and only for admissions in the corresponding academic year.
Criterion 3 – Qualifying examination:
The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2016, OR will appear in 2017.
Those who appeared for the first time in their qualifying examination in 2015 or earlier are not eligible.
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (www.aiuweb.org).
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- A Diploma recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (www.aicte-india.org) or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 years duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination.
- Board awards only letterIn case the Class XII examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.