(Notification) IIT: Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination
for Design (UCEED) - 2017
IIT UCEED 2017 is the Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) which will be conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay under the guidance of the UCEED Admissions Committee. The performance of a candidate in the examination ‘Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design 2017 (UCEED 2017) will form the basis for admission to the Bachelor’s and Dual Degree programs (entry at the 10+2 level) in Design (B Des) at the Industrial Design Centre, IIT
A candidate, including a foreign national and PIO/OCI card holders, must fulfill each and every one of the following three criteria to appear in UCEED.
Criterion 1 – Age limit:
The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1997 if belonging to the GEN or OBC-NCL category and on or after October 1, 1992 if belonging to the SC, ST or PwD category.
Criterion 2 – Number of attempts:
A candidate can attempt UCEED for a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years. Note that UCEED score is valid for one year, and only for admissions in the corresponding academic year.
Criterion 3 – Qualifying examination:
The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2016, OR will appear in 2017.
Those who appeared for the first time in their qualifying examination in 2015 or earlier are not eligible.
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (www.aiuweb.org).
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- A Diploma recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (www.aicte-india.org) or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 years duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination.
- Board awards only letterIn case the Class XII examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.
Registration Fee :
- The examination will be conducted for 3 hours.
- The medium of the paper will be English only.
- It will be a computer based test.
- This exam will be of 300 marks.
- There will be total 80 marks. The questions will be chosen from 6
- The question paper will be divided into three sections.
- In all these three sections, there will be negative marking.
Section A: Numerical Answer Type Questions (NATQ)
Section B: Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)
Section C: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
How to Apply:
Go to the official website or else directly apply via this
online registration portal www.iitb.ac.in/uceed/. Online application will be
available after release of official notice for UCEED 2017.In any case, candidate
register himself after the last date then registration will be cancelled. Once
submitted, no correction will be done on the UCEED 2017 application. The
application fee is non refundable. So make sure before applying, you have gone
through the instructions completely and accurately.
Start date for Online Registration : 17 Oct 2016
Last date for Online Registration : 11 Nov 2016, 23:45
Last date for Online Application with Late Fee : 18
Nov 2016, 23:45
Start date for Admit Card downloading : 26 Dec 2016,
Last date for rectification of discrepancies in the admit
card : 09 Jan 2017, 17:00
UCEED 2017 Examination : 22 Jan 2017
Release of UCEED 2017 Draft Answer Key : 28 Jan 2017
Last date for sending Comments about Draft Answer Keys :
31 Jan 2017, 17:00
Declaration of result : 20 Feb 2017, 17:00
Start date for Score Card downloading : 27 Feb 2017,
Courtesy: IIT UCEED