National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur was originally founded as Regional Institute
of Technology in 1960 by Dr. Srikrishna Sinha, the then chief minister of Bihar
with the aim of nurturing talent and setting high standards of education and
excellence. Having been a freedom fighter himself, he chose the auspicious day
of 15th August, 1960 to lay the foundation stone. Later upgraded to National
Institute of Technology on 27th December, 2002, with the status of a Deemed
University, it is now totally under the control of the Ministry of Human
Resources Development, Government of India, New Delhi since 1st April, 2003. The Institute has
several departments in various disciplines of engineering and the pure sciences,
with nearly 100 laboratories organized on a unique pattern of functioning.
National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur invites applications from Indian
nationals belonging to SC/ST categories for the post of Assistant Professor in
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Sc. & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics &
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
& Industrial Engineering
- Department of Computer Applications.
Number Of Posts:
- Total number of posts shall not exceed 09 for SC Category and 05 for ST
- As per AICTE / UGC Norms.
- As per 6th CPC recommendations, applicable to the relevant post (Pay
Band III :
Rs.15600/- - 39100/-) with Minimum AGP of Rs. 6000/-
How To Apply:
- Application on the Prescribed Format with attested copies of Certificates and
photograph should reach Registrar, NIT, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand – 831014 by Speed
/ Registered Post on or before 31st March 2011.
Last Date: 31st March 2011