Recruitment of Constables (IT Operators/Computer Operators)
in Punjab Police : 2011
Applications are invited from both Male and Female candidates for filling up of the temporary vacancies of
100 Constables I.T operators/Computer Operators (Male/Female)
in Punjab Police Information Technology & Telecommunication Wing. As per instructions issued by the Government from time to time, 25% seats for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes, 12% seats for Backward Classes, 13% seats for Ex-Servicemen, 2% seats for wards of Police personnel & 1% seat for Wards of Freedom Fighters are reserved.
- TOTAL POST: 100 Constables
- SCALE OF PAY: Pay Band- 2 = Pay Band 5910-20200+Grade pay Rs. 1900. The posts shall also carry other allowances as admissible under Govt.
instructions/ rules. The selected candidates will be included under Defined Contributory Pension Scheme of the State Govt.
- PLACE OF DUTY: Selected candidate(s) can be deployed anywhere in Punjab, India and even
- Age: 18 to 27 Years as on 01/01/2011. Upper age limit relax able by 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST & Backward classes.
Ex-servicemen shall be given relaxation in the upper age limit by 3 years plus the number of years of service rendered in the defence forces. However, break in army service and re-
employment should not exceed 24 months.
- For Male: Height :( Minimum): 5’ 5”
- For Female: Height Minimum: 5’ 1”
The minimum educational qualification will be:
- Either 10+2 from the State Board of Education/Any Recognized Board and one Year Computer Operator Programming Assistant (COPA) Course from
Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) & also should have undergone 1 Year Apprenticeship (Industrial Training).OR
- Matriculation from the State Board of Education/ Any recognized Board and Diploma in Computer Engineering/Information Technology (Duration 3 Years)
from a recognized State Polytechnic Institute/College.OR
- 10+2 from the State Board of Education/ Any Recognized Board or University and ‘O’ Level Computer Course from the Department of Electronics and
Accreditation of Computer Courses (DOEACC) OR One year certified Computer Course in Computer / IT / Hardware / Networking / Software
Application/Web Technologies/Server approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), State Technical Board of Education or National
Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) etc.OR
- 10+2 from the State Board of Education/Recognized University and B.Sc.(IT) or BCA or Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Application
(PGDCA) or similar or higher qualifications related to Information Technology from recognized university.
How to Apply:
Candidates can apply in prescribed Performa in either of two ways.
- Application form can be obtained on any working day from 10 am to 5 pm from offices of Commissioners of Police of Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Amritsar and all
offices of the Sr. Superintendent of Police of all the districts of Punjab by paying cash of Rs. 150/- ( Rupees one hundred and fifty only).
- Candidates will be provided with two copies of cash receipt.
- Original cash receipt is to be attached with duly filled application form and the second copy of receipt will remain with the candidate for reference.
- Application form can also be downloaded from the Punjab police website www.punjabpoliceindia.org
- Enclose a Bank Draft of amount Rs. 150/- to be made in the favour of “Chairman Recruitment Board, (IT & T) Punjab” payable at
Chandigarh from any Bank.
- Write your name and address on the back side of bank draft.
Last Date of submission of Application Form:
Application form filled in all aspect along with all attested photo copies of necessary certificates/documents must reach the office of “Inspector General of Police cum Chairman Recruitment Board (IT & T Wing), Office of Addl. Director General of Police (IT & T Wing), Punjab Police Head Quarters, Sector 9, Chandigarh” by hand or by post from
05/03/2011 to 04/04/2011 till 5.00 pm on all working days. Filled application forms can also be deposited by hand to the offices of Commissioners of Police of Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Amritsar and all offices of the Sr. Superintendent of Police of all the districts of Punjab during the said period. Applications received after 5.00 pm on 04/04/2011 will not be considered.