Karnataka State Eligibility Test
(K-SET) For Lectureship – 2011
The Karnataka State Eligibility Test (K-SET) center, University of Mysore,
Mysore will be holding the Test on 17th JULY 2011(Sunday) for determining the
eligibility for Lectureship in various Universities/Colleges/Institutions of
Higher Education (Government/Aided/ Private) in Karnataka State. K-SET center
will conduct the test in 26 (twenty six) subjects (listed under item no. 6) at
11 (Eleven) selected Centers (listed under Item no. 7) spread across the
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% of aggregate marks (without
rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from
universities/institutions recognized by UGC, New Delhi are eligible for this
Test. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe
(ST)Physically Handicapped (PH)/Visually Handicapped (VH) category andwho
have secured at least 50% of aggregate marks (without rounding off) in
Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying
Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited
OR candidateswhose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply
for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and
shall be considered eligible for award of Lectureship eligibility only after
they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at
least 55% of aggregate marks (50% of aggregates marks in case of SC/ST/PH/VH
category candidates). Such candidates must complete their Master’s degree
examination within two years from the date of K-SET result with required
percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. Degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been
completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of declaration of result)
shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5 % in aggregate marks ( i.e. from 55
to 50%) for appearing for K-SET.
How to Apply
Candidates should note that Application has to be submitted online only.
- The candidates are required to download the Bank Challan Proforma from
the KSET website:
kset.uni-mysore.ac.in and then deposit the requisite test fee in any
branch of State Bank of Mysore along with the bank charges (bank commission)
- Before applying Online, the candidate must possess the following : (i)
Scanned passport (pp) size photograph in JPEG format(4.5 cm X 3.5 cm) should
be less than 300kb, (ii) Copy of Bank Challan (fee receipt).
- Candidate seeking admission to the Test must apply online (i.e.
http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in/apply/ OR through a link available on the
University of Mysore website:
- After successful submission, the candidate should take printout of
online Application Form (Two copies), Attendance Slip (one copy) and
Card (one copy) on separate A-4 size papers.
- SC/ST/Category-1/PH/VH candidates must enclose the attested copy of
certificate for the same.
- Category-IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB candidates must enclose the attested
copy of Certificate for the same.
- The Application (consisting of Two copies of printout of online
application form, one copy of Attendance Slip and one copy of Admission
card) along with required documents (Copies of caste certificates, self
addressed stamped, Rs.10/- envelop) must reach the Nodal Officer, of
respective Test Center (Any one among the 11 test centers) opted by
candidate as listed in the website
- Submission of Hard copy of the Application along with necessary
a MUST. Hard copy of the Application received after 10th May, 2011 at the
respective Test Centre will be rejected.
- Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through the
detailed notification available at K-SET website. Please note that Fee
any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc. will be rejected.
- The cover of size (37 cm X 25 cm) containing Application Form should be
superscribed “K-SET FOR LECTURESHIP -2011”. Candidates should mention their
Roll Number, Subject and Category. Name and Address of the candidates should
be written on the cover. A sample copy is provided in the KSET
Submission of On-line Application form starts from:
Last date for Applying On-Line:
Last date for receiving the printout of online:
Examination Date : 17-07-2011