Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarships
Realising that even after 60 years of independence, higher
education was not accessible to the deserving poor, Industrialist-turned
Philanthropist, Educationist couple Prof.Dr.R.Rangarajan and Dr.Mrs.Sakunthala
Rangarajan, introduced VEL TECH MAHATMA GANDHI NATIONAL MERIT SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
in 2009 with the twin objectives of national integration and barrier-free access
to affordable higher education, setting apart a sum of Rs.6.5 crores for
distribution as scholarships to the meritorious students admitted to the
University. The scheme received excellent response across the country. 128
students representing all the States in India received Scholarships ranging from
Rs.1 lac to Rs.1.25 lacs each from the Hon’ble Minister of State for Human
Resource Development Smt.D.Purandeswari on 5.11.2009. Encouraged by this
response, the University has allocated Rs.7 crores for 2010-11 under the same
Scheme for B.Tech., M.Tech., and MBA Programmes.
- 100% Scholarships of free tuition fees, hostel with boarding and lodging
for 4 years to top three students from each state admitted to B.Tech.
Programme, through VTUEEE 10.
- 50% concession in tuition fees to the top 100 students who join the
B.Tech. programme with not less than 90% in Mathematics, Physics and
Chemistry in +2 examinations.
- Vel Tech Mahatma Gandhi Joint Scholarship Schemes
worth Rs.1.5 Crores for 100 students with 85% and above in +2 examination,
in collaboration with THE HINDU, Hindustan Times .
- 100% Scholarships covering tuition fees to the top 3 rank holders
admitted to MBA course t h r o u g h VTUMBA 10 based on the entrance
- 50% scholarships of the tuition fees to the top 12 students admitted to
MBA course 3 each from North, South, East and West zones of the country
based on the marks secured in the VTUMBA 10.
- Candidates who have secured top 3 ranks in the entrance examination and
in respective University examinations in the degree level will be
automatically included in determining the first 3 ranks in each zone.
- All candidates, other than those who receive the All India Merit
Scholarship as above, who are admitted to the MBA programme and who have
passed the degree examination in first class in their respective
universities will be granted a concession of Rs.10,000/- in the fees for the
first year at the time of admission.
- 100% Scholarships covering tuition fees to candidates who have secured
first rank in the B.E./B.Tech. Programme of any university
How To Apply:
The Application form can be
- Downloaded from www.veltechuniv.edu.in (or) APPLY ON LINE (or)
- Obtained by sending a Demand Draft for Rs.750/- drawn in favour of Vel
Tech Dr.RR & Dr.SR Technical University, Payable at Chennai to The Admission
Officer with a request letter containing the full postal address of the
- Purchased from Vijaya Bank/ Axis Bank/Post Office from
- Please send the filled in application before
24th April 2011
- Entrance Exam will be held on Saturday, the
14th May, 2011
#42, Avadi-Vel Tech Road, Avadi,
Chennai - 600 062, Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone: +91-44-26841601, 26840896, 26840869, 26840249