Admissions to B.Tech. Degree Programmes 2016
Candidates applying for SRMJEEE 2016 should be a resident Indian national.
They should have studied in schools located in India in the preceding two years
Candidates should have studied in educational institutions in India and
completed their qualifying examination.
For admissions to B.Tech programmes, candidates must have passed in 10+2 or
its equivalent with minimum 65% aggregate in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
For admissions to Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics and
Genetic Engineering, candidates must have secured minimum 65% aggregate in
Mathematics / Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
Candidates, who have attempted Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in SRMJEEE
2016, are eligible for admissions to all B.Tech. degree programmes.
Candidates, who have attempted Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the entrance
exam, are eligible for B.Tech. Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering,
Bioinformatics and Genetic Engineering programmes. These applicants are also
eligible for admissions to various programs in Health Sciences.
Admissions will be purely on the basis of candidates’ performance in this
national level engineering entrance examination, SRMJEEE 2016, conducted by SRM
Candidates appearing in the qualifying examinations to be held in March /
April / May 2016 can also apply and appear for SRMJEEE 2016. However, admission
to such candidates will be subject to:
- Satisfying the eligibility criteria as prescribed by SRM University
- Production of all documents (originals) by the cutoff date stipulated by
Aspirants can choose either one of the following two options for applying
to appear in SRMJEEE 2016:
Option 1: Fill the OMR sheet and send to SRM University
Option 2: Apply online using Unique Voucher Code and relevant instructions given
Online Application Form of SRMJEEE 2016 includes following steps-
Step 1: Registration
Step 2: Log In
Step 3: Application Creation
Step 4: Uploading images
Step 5: Making Payment
For payment of SRMJEEE 2016 application form, Candidates can choose any one
of the following modes-
1. Online with E-Payment / Unique Voucher Code
Apply online by registering and paying online / using prepaid Unique Voucher
2. Online with Demand Draft
Application to be filled online and the same can be downloaded and sent to
the university with the DD drawn in favour of SRMIST, payable at Chennai.
Candidates should write their name and address on the reverse of DD.
Instructions for filling SRMJEEE 2016 Computerized OMR Application Form
You shall read these instructions and fill the form carefully as requests for
corrections will not be entertained later. Options once filled in the
application form cannot be changed at a later stage.
- The application form should be filled by you in your own handwriting.
Only the original application should be sent.
- Application Form of SRMJEEE 2016 will be machine-processed. Hence, you
shall take utmost care in writing with black ballpoint pen in the boxes
- Corresponding to the above, you shall darken the alphabet/numeral/oval
using HB pencil only.
- If you wish to change a marking, erase the darkened spot completely and
do the fresh marking.
- Do not scribble, cut, tear or erase SRMJEEE Application Form 2016. Do
not put any stray pencil marks anywhere on the form.
- Do not write/make any marks on/deface the barcode.
- Your photograph, signature and address are to be machine-scanned. So,
paste a recent colour photograph of good quality with light colour
background. Write your address and sign in the prescribed boxes using only a
black ballpoint pen.
- Make sure that your name, your parent’s/guardian’s name and your date of
birth should be exactly the same as given in your High School/Higher
Secondary School examination certificate.
- Application of SRMJEEE 2016 must be complete in all respects. An
incomplete application or application filled in a language other than
English will summarily be rejected.
- Candidates are advised to retain with them a photocopy of the filled-in
application for future reference and quote the application number in all
Part 1- Physics:
- Units and Measurement
- Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Oscillations and Wave Motion
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Ray and Wave Optics and Magnetism
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Atomic Physics and Relativity
- Dual Nature of Matter and Nuclear Physics
- Electronics and Communication
Part 2- Chemistry:
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
- States of Matter
- Chemical Families - Periodic Properties
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Energetics
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics and Catalysis
- Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
Part 3- Mathematics:
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Complex Numbers
- Matrices and Determinants
- Applications of Matrices and Determinants
- Quadratic Equations
- Permutations and Combinations
- Mathematical Induction and its Applications
- Binomial Theorem and its Applications
- Sequences and Series
- Differential Calculus
- Applications of Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Straight Lines in Two Dimensions
- Circles in Two Dimensions
- Conic Sections in Two Dimensions
- Vector Algebra
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
SRMJEEE 2016 Question Paper will comprised of objective type questions
divided into following parts -
Part 1: 35 question in Mathematics for 105 marks
Part 2: 35 question in Physics for 105 marks
Part 3: 35 question in Chemistry for 105 marks
Part 4: 50 question in Biology for 105 marks
Every wrong answer in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics carried negative
marking of 1 mark, while wrong answer in Biology carried negative marking of 0.7
- Last date for receipt of offline application: March 15th, 2016
- Slot Booking: March 26th to March 30th, 2016
- SRMJEEE 2016 Online (CBT) Test Dates: April 19th to April 25th, 2016