Ministry of Human Resource Development
Department of Higher Education
Korean Government Scholarship - 2011
Applications are invited from Indian nationals on plain paper in the format
given below for the award of eight scholarships to Indian students offered by
the Government of Republic of Korea, at Master's level and Ph. D. level. The
subjects in which scholarships will be awarded are given as below:
- Environment Science
- Molecular Biology
- Korean Language & Literature
- Not exceeding 40 years for Master's & Ph.D. respectively as on 01-09-201
1 (born after Sept I".1971).
Applicants must have already earned or expected to receive: (a) a bachelor's
degree with 60% of marks or equivalent prior to August 31, 2011, in order to
apply for Master's Programme; (b) a Master's degree with 60% of marks prior to
August 31,201 1 in order to apply for Ph. D Programme.
Note: Candidates who have received Korean Scholarship at any time are
- Master's degree Programme: About 2 years (excluding a 1 year Korean
- Ph.D. Programme: About 3 years (excluding a 1 year Korean Language
The awardees will be paid an economy class ticket airfare to the Republic of
Korea, and thereafter, a return ticket of the same category to his or her
country of residence after the completion of a study programme.
Value of Scholarship:
- Monthly Allowance: 900,000 won (KRW) per month
- Research Allowance: 210,000 won for students in humanities and social
sciences: 240,000 won for students in natural and mechanic sciences per
semester to cover living expenses for the period of his or her programme.
- Settlement Allowance: Awardees will be paid 200,000 won upon arrival.
- Language Training Expenses: the NllED will pay the entrusted language
training institution the full cost up to 1year.
- Tuition Fees: All admission fees are waived by the host institution. The
full tuition is paid by NIIED.
- Dissertation Printing Costs: Up to 500,000-800,000 won, depending on the
actual costs, will be reimbursed for the costs related to a dissertation
- Medical Insurance: 15000 won per month ( limited Insurance coverage)
will be provided to the university for students.
- Special funding for scholars who are proficient in the Korean
Language(T0PIK Level 5 or 6): 100,000 won per month commencing from degree
How To Apply:
(a) Application on plain paper (as per format given below) alongwith the
required photocopies of documents with a recent passport size photograph pasted
on the application should reach the 'Section Officer, ES.3 Section, Ministry of
Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education, West Block 1,
zndfloor, Wing 6, R.K. Puram, New Delhi -110 066 latest by 5.30 PM on 7th March
(b) Application can also submitted on-line at the website
7-03-2011. In case of on-line applications, Hard Copy of the application in the
prescribed format alongwith required documents should be submitted by
otherwise on-line applications will not be entertained.
Documents to be attached:
- The candidates must attach the following documents with the application:
(a) Attested copy of the certificate the date of birth.
(b) Attested copies of all degree/diploma/certificate & mark-sheets of the
(c) Self attested copies will not be accepted.
(d) Where grades are mentioned, the candidate must indicate the conversion
formula adopted by the University/lnstitution and should indicate equivalent
percentage of marks.
- Equivalent foreign degree will be considered.
- Candidates who have already been abroad for study/research/training for
more than six months at a time either on a scholarship or on their own, are
eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least two years
after their return from abroad as on 28.03.201 1. Applications of
candidates, who are abroad will not be considered.
- Candidates should have adequate knowledge of geographical situation,
culture and heritage of Korea and India.
- Application in subject-fields, other than those prescribed, will not be
considered. A candidate can apply only in one subject.
- Employed candidates must send their applications through their employers
with " No Objection Certificate". However, an advance application can be
submitted with the understanding that the application through employer
should reach before the date of interview.
- Candidates must attach with the application a description in at least
500 words of his projectlproposal of studylresearch to be undertaken in
- While indicating the period of past experience and stay abroad,
candidate should mention the specific dates.
- As these scholarships are offered by foreign Govts., hence the
applications should be submitted in English only.
Fax No:- 82-2-3668-1358