Korean Government Scholarship at
Ministry of Human Resource Development : 2011
Applications are invited from Indian nationals on plain paper in the format given
below for the award of eight scholarships to Indian students offered by the
Government of Republic of Korea, at Master's level and Ph. D. level. The subjects in which
scholarships will be awarded are given as below:
- Environment Science
- Molecular Biology
- Korean Language & Literature
Not exceeding 40 years for Master's & Ph.D. respectively as on 01-09-201 1 (born after Sept
Applicants must have already earned or expected to receive:
- A bachelor's degree with 60% of marks or equivalent prior to August 31, 2011, in order to
apply for Master's Programme
- A Master's degree with 60% of marks prior to August 31,201 1 in order to apply for Ph. D Programme.
Note: Candidates who have received Korean Scholarship at any time are not
- Master's degree programme: About 2 years (excluding a 1 year KoreanLanguage course)
- Ph.D. programme: About 3 years (excluding a 1 year Korean Language course)
Value of Scholarship:
- Monthly Allowance: 900,000 won (KRW) per month
- Research Allowance: 210,000 won for students in humanities and social
sciences: 240,000 won for students in natural and mechanic sciences per semester to cover living expenses for the period of his or her
- Settlement Allowance: Awardees will be paid 200,000 won upon arrival.
- Language Training Expenses: the NllED will pay the entrusted language training institution the full cost up to 1year.
- Tuition Fees: All admission fees are waived by the host institution. The
full tuition is paid by NIIED.
- Dissertation Printing Costs: Up to 500,000-800,000 won, depending on
the actual costs, will be reimbursed for the costs related to a dissertation
- Medical Insurance: 15000 won per month ( limited Insurance coverage)
will be provided to the university for students.
- Special funding for scholars who are proficient in the Korean Language(T0PIK Level 5 or 6): 100,000 won per month commencing
from degree programme.
Last Date for submission of application:
- Application on plain paper (as per format given below) alongwith the required photocopies of documents with a recent passport size photograph pasted on
the application should reach the 'Section Officer, ES.3 Section, Ministry of Human
Resource Development, Department of Higher Education, West Block 1, zndfloor,
Wing 6, R.K. Puram, New Delhi -110 066 latest by 5.30 PM on
7th March 2011.
- Application can also submitted on-line at the website www.sakshat.ac.in
by 7-03-2011. In case of on-line applications, Hard Copy of the application in the
prescribed format alongwith required documents should be submitted by 14-3-2011,
otherwise on-line applications will not be entertained.