(Sample Paper) Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) "Physics"
1. Do not open the seal of the question paper before 10:00 AM.
2. You are given a question paper including a few blank sheets, and a machine
readable Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheet.
3. Enter your registration number on top of this question paper with
4. Part A contains 15 questions, and carry 3 (three) marks
each for correct answer, and -1 (negative one) mark for incorrect answer. Part B
contains 10 questions and each carries 3 (three marks). These questions must be
answered by integers of 4 digits each. Answer these questions on the OMR by
filling in bubbles in the OMR sheet. Note that if the answer is, e.g. 25, you
must fill in 0025 and if it is, e.g. 5, you must fill in 0005. If it is 0, you
must fill in 0000. If the zeros are not filled in (where required), the answer
will be not be credited. There are NO NEGATIVE MARKS for these questions. Part C
contains 25 questions, and each carries 1 (one) mark for the correct answer, and
-1/3 (negative one third) mark for incorrect answer. Multiple choice questions
have only one correct answer.
5. On the OMR sheet, enter the appropriate Question Booklet Series (X, Y or
Z) that is mentioned on the top right of the question paper.
6. On the OMR sheet, enter your name, registration number, and signature at
the appropriate places. Strictly follow the instructions written on the OMR