(Notification) Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) - 2017
The Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) (statutory
body established through an Act of Parliament) recognizes JEST as a National
Eligibility Test (NET) in their office Memo vide OM No.SB/S9/Z-01/2015. Fellows
working in SERB programmes and qualified in NET are eligible to get enhanced
- M.Sc. in Physics (all participating Institutes).
Additionally, some institutes accept B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech.
in disciplines of Applied Physics and Mathematics, as listed below.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics / Applied Physics / Applied Mathematics / Optics
and Photonics / Instrumentation / Electronics will also be considered at IIA.
- B.E. or B.Tech. will be considered at IISc, IMSc, ICTS-TIFR, IUCAA,
JNCASR, NCRA-TIFR, TIFR-TCIS, RRI, IISER Mohali, IISER Pune, IISER
- M.Sc. in Physics / Electronics / Astronomy / Applied Mathematics will be
cnsidered at IUCAA.
- MSc in Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics will also be
considered at IPR.
- M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Biophysics or
Biochemistry will be considered at SNBNCBS.
- B.Tech Eng. Phys.will be considered at TIFR.
- M.E./ M.Tech in Applied Physics will be considered at NISER.
Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. / M.C.A. in Computer Science and related
disciplines, and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of
Ph D in Neuroscience at NBRC
- M.Sc (Physics/ Mathematics), B.E/ B.Tech/ M.C.A in Computer Science
Ph D in Computational Biology at IMSc
- M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. / MCA in any engineering or science discipline,
with good mathematical skills and strong interest in biological problems.