(Admission Info) GSAT: M.Sc Admissions in Gitam University, 2011
Candidates seeking admission to various M.Sc. programmes of GITAM Institute
of Science are required to appear for an entrance test GSAT - 2011 to be held at
various centres in Andhra Pradesh and outside.
Admission is based on the rank obtained in the entrance test. Requirement for admission to all science programmes is a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in group (optional) subjects in the qualifying examination.
Candidates who have already passed qualifying examination or who have appeared/ are appearing for the final examinations in 2011 are eligible.
Courses & Eligibility:
- M.Sc. Applied Mathematics: B.Sc. with Mathematics as one of the subjects; and Maths & Physical sciences in Intermediate or 10 +2 level
- M.Sc. Physics: B.Sc. with Physics, Mathematics and any other subject
- M.Sc. Electronics Science: B.Sc. with Electronics/Physics, Mathematics and any other subject
- M.Sc Analytical Chemistry: B.Sc. with Chemistry as one of the subjects
- M.Sc. Organic Chemistry: B.Sc. with Chemistry as one of the subjects
- M.Sc. Biochemistry: Any two of the following subjects in B.Sc: Agriculture, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Food & Nutrition, Genetics, Home Science, Medical Lab Technology, Microbiology, Zoology
- M.Sc. Biotechnology: Same as above
- M.Sc. Microbiology: Same as above
- M.Sc. Food Science & Technology: Same as above
- M.Sc. Bioinformatics: Any two of the following subjects in B.Sc: Agriculture, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Food & Nutrition, Genetics, Home Science, Mathematics, Medical Lab Technology, Microbiology, Physics, Zoology
- M.Sc. Environmental Science: First preference will be given to BEM candidates. The remaining seats will be allotted to candidates with B.Sc. in Life Sciences or Physical Sciences
- BEM / Five year integrated M.Sc.: Mathematics or Biology, Physics and Chemistry (or) Environmental education.
- Issue/ download of applications: 06.12.2010 (Monday)
- Last date of receipt of filled in applications: 15.04.2011 (Saturday)
- Test date (tentative): 06.05.2011 (Friday)
How to Apply:
- Applications can be downloaded from GITAM website.
- Candidates appearing for more than one test need to submit separate application along with the prescribed fee of Rs.300/- for each test (DD should be drawn in favour of Principal, GITAM Institute of Science, GITAM University and payable at Visakhapatnam)
All candidates will be awarded GSAT - 2011 test-wise rank as per marks secured in the test appeared and they will be kept on the website.
GITAM Institute of Science
Phone No.0891-2840450, 2840451,2840452