(Jobs) Recruitment of Junior Research Fellows in National Atmospheric Research Laboratory: 2011
Applications For The Post of Junior Research Fellows
( ADVT No. NARL/RMT/01/2011 DTD : 23-05-2011 )
National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL), is a center of excellence for atmospheric science and research in the emerging and frontline areas of atmospheric physics, provides challenging opportunities to the young scientists and engineers. The future programme of NARL envisages expansion of observational systems and widening of research areas such as radiation studies, weather and climate modeling activities, meteorological data assimilation, formulation of coordinated observations by setting up Lidar, Radar, GPS receiver networks, development of air/balloon borne and satellite payloads and formulation of national and international programs.
NARL has excellent infrastructure facilities such as technical laboratories to support field experiments, high performance computers and a good Library. Challenging opportunities are available for the young and enthusiastic Scientists/Students in realization of the future programmes and development of innovative technologies.
Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Total Posts: 06
Pay Scale : For 1st & 2nd Year Rs.16,000/- P.M.(Consolidated) & Rs.18,000/-p.m. (consolidated) For the subsequent years + HRA as applicable.
First Class M.Sc. in Physics/ Mathematics / Atmospheric Science / Atmospheric Physics / Space Physics / Meteorology / Electronics with 65% marks or above or M.Tech in Atmospheric Science / Space Technology with 60% marks or above. Those who have appeared for the final year examinations can also apply.
Note: Preference will be given to the candidates, who have cleared the UGC – NET/GATE examinations
Age Limit: Less than 30 years as on the last date fixed for receipt of applications but relaxable by 05 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 03 years for OBC candidates. Ex-Servicemen and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) are eligible for age relaxation as per Government of India orders. For PWD orders on reservation to the extent applicable will be extended for the above posts.
Selection Process:Mere fulfillment of essential qualifications and experience do not vest any right in a candidate for being called for Test/Interview. A duly constituted Screening Committee shall screen the applications received for the post and organize a written test, if considered necessary for short-listing the candidates for interview. The Laboratory reserves the right to call for Test/Interview only those candidates who in its opinion are likely to be suitable and will not entertain any correspondence in this regard.
- Only Indian Nationals need to apply.
- Candidates attending the interview will be reimbursed to and fro sleeper class train fare by the shortest route from the address given in the application to the place of interview.
- At present the place of posting is NARL, Gadanki, but the selected candidates are liable to be posted in any of the Units of the Indian Space Research Organisation/ Department of Space situated anywhere in India as and when required.
- Candidates working in the Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Organizations should apply through proper channel. In case they anticipate any delay in forwarding their applications, they may submit advance copies before the due date. However, they should produce NO OBJECTION certificate at the time of interview.
- The Junior Research Fellows recruited will not confer any claim or right for regular employment in NARL or any other Centre/Unit of Indian Space Research Organisation/Department of Space.
- Candidates should enclose attested true copies of the relevant certificates / testimonials as proof of age, educational qualification, caste, experience etc., along with the application.
- Candidates will have to produce proof of the details furnished in their applications as and when required.
How To Apply
Applications duly completed in all respects along with its enclosures
should reach to :
THE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
NATIONAL ATMOSPHERIC RESEARCH LABORATORY
P.B.NO : 123, S.V. UNIVERSITY CAMPUS, TIRUPATI- 517 502, A.P.
The applications should sent in a cover superscripted " Application for the post of ___________ Post No.___________(Name of the post & Post Number to be indicate clearly)
Last Date: 02.07.2011