(Scholarship) VEL TECH Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarships, 2011
Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarships
Realising that even after 60 years of independence, higher education was not accessible to the deserving poor, Industrialist-turned Philanthropist, Educationist couple Prof.Dr.R.Rangarajan and Dr.Mrs.Sakunthala Rangarajan, introduced VEL TECH MAHATMA GANDHI NATIONAL MERIT SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME in 2009 with the twin objectives of national integration and barrier-free access to affordable higher education, setting apart a sum of Rs.6.5 crores for distribution as scholarships to the meritorious students admitted to the University. The scheme received excellent response across the country. 128 students representing all the States in India received Scholarships ranging from Rs.1 lac to Rs.1.25 lacs each from the Hon’ble Minister of State for Human Resource Development Smt.D.Purandeswari on 5.11.2009. Encouraged by this response, the University has allocated Rs.7 crores for 2010-11 under the same Scheme for B.Tech., M.Tech., and MBA Programmes.
- 100% Scholarships of free tuition fees, hostel with boarding and lodging for 4 years to top three students from each state admitted to B.Tech. Programme, through VTUEEE 10.
- 50% concession in tuition fees to the top 100 students who join the B.Tech. programme with not less than 90% in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in +2 examinations.
- Vel Tech Mahatma Gandhi Joint Scholarship Schemes worth Rs.1.5 Crores for 100 students with 85% and above in +2 examination, in collaboration with THE HINDU, Hindustan Times .
- 100% Scholarships covering tuition fees to the top 3 rank holders admitted to MBA course t h r o u g h VTUMBA 10 based on the entrance examination marks.
- 50% scholarships of the tuition fees to the top 12 students admitted to MBA course 3 each from North, South, East and West zones of the country based on the marks secured in the VTUMBA 10.
- Candidates who have secured top 3 ranks in the entrance examination and in respective University examinations in the degree level will be automatically included in determining the first 3 ranks in each zone.
- All candidates, other than those who receive the All India Merit Scholarship as above, who are admitted to the MBA programme and who have passed the degree examination in first class in their respective universities will be granted a concession of Rs.10,000/- in the fees for the first year at the time of admission.
- 100% Scholarships covering tuition fees to candidates who have secured first rank in the B.E./B.Tech. Programme of any university
How To Apply:
The Application form can be
- Downloaded from www.veltechuniv.edu.in (or) APPLY ON LINE (or)
- Obtained by sending a Demand Draft for Rs.750/- drawn in favour of Vel Tech Dr.RR & Dr.SR Technical University, Payable at Chennai to The Admission Officer with a request letter containing the full postal address of the applicant (or)
- Purchased from Vijaya Bank/ Axis Bank/Post Office from
- Please send the filled in application before 24th April 2011
- Entrance Exam will be held on Saturday, the 14th May, 2011
#42, Avadi-Vel Tech Road, Avadi,
Chennai - 600 062, Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone: +91-44-26841601, 26840896, 26840869, 26840249
Website: www.veltechuniv.edu.in, www.vel-tech.org