(Scholarship) MIS & CSFP Scholarship/Fellowship Programmes at Department of Higher Education, 2011
Department of Higher Education
Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) & Commonwealth Scholarship/Fellowship Plan (CSFP), 2011
Applications on plain paper, as per prescribed format given, are invited from Indian Nationals residing in India for the above-mentioned scholarship scheme for studies at Masters level and Ph.D. in Malaysia.
1. Business and Finance
2. Agricultural Science
Minimum Qualifications Required
One should have completed bachelor’s degree in the subject concerned indicated above with minimum 60% marks in Business and Finance and 65% in Agriculture. Where percentage of marks are not available and grades are mentioned, the candidates must indicate the conversion formula adopted by the University/Institution and should also indicate equivalent percentage of marks.
The age is not more than 45 years as on 28.2.2011.
Value of Awards of MIS
The scholarship covers:
(a) A return air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia;
(b) An approved tuition fees by the respective university;
(c) A Maintenance Allowance at the rate of RM1,200.00 per month;
(d) A yearly grant for books and internal travel;
(e) Thesis allowance, installation and termination grant;
- No family allowance for accompanying spouse or children.
- The Government of Malaysia reserve the rights to review the value of awards at anytime (and if such changes are made, the value of scholarship will be changed and the effective date will be informed to the successful candidates).
Value of Awards For CSFP:
The scholarship covers:
(i) A Return air ticket from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia.
(ii) An approved tuition fees by the respective university.
(iii) Monthly Maintenance Allowance.
(iv) A yearly grant for books and internal travel.
(v) Thesis allowance, installation and termination grant.
(vi) Family allowance for accompanying spouse or children
Tenure of Awards
Awards for Master’s degree is for one to two years depending on the courses and for Ph.D., the tenure is for three years. Application for admission to the university is solely the candidate’s responsibility. Interested applicants are advised to apply before the beginning of the academic year, which falls on the month of July for most of Malaysian university. However, proof of admission is not a pre-requisite to the award. The selection committee for CSFP Scholarship will only consider qualified applicants with outstanding academic achievement and professional performance. Moreover, the scholarship award does not guarantee a placement in the university.
- Each application must be accompanied by attested copies of (a) certificate of age (b) mark-sheets of the qualifying examination (c) all degrees/diplomas/certificates (d) reference letter (to be submitted at the time of interview).
- Candidates who have already been abroad for study/training/specialization either on scholarship or on their own for a period not exceeding six months are eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least two consecutive years after their return from abroad as on 28.2.2011.
- Candidates must furnish a clear and precise programme of study/research (minimum 500 words) justifying their studies in Malaysia.
- Candidates should have adequate knowledge of geographical situation, cultural heritage of India and the donor country.
- Documents submitted along with the applications will not be returned. Hence, candidates are advised to send only the photocopies of the certificates etc. duly attested by competent authority. Self attested certificates will not be accepted.
- Since these scholarships are offered by Foreign Government, applications should invariably be submitted in English only.
- Candidates must have good knowledge of written and spoken English (The donor country reserves the right to request evidence of having passed an accredited English language test).
- Mere fulfillment of requirements as laid down in the advertisement does not qualify a candidate for interview. Interview letters in a particular subject are sent only to the best candidates after their applications are judged by a duly constituted Selection Committee of Experts.
- Applications not in the prescribed proforma and application received after the prescribed date and incomplete applications will not be considered.
How To Apply:
(A) For those applying by post, applications on plain paper (as per format given below) alongwith the required documents (attested copies of all certificates/degrees/diplomas have to be attached) should reach Section Officer, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education, External Scholarship Division, ES.4 Section, A-2/W-4, Curzon Road Barracks, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi - 110 001 latest by Monday, 28th February, 2011 (5.00 PM). (Tele. No. 23384501, 23386401 and 23382498)
(B) For those applying online, hard copy of application alongwith supporting documents should be submitted to reach the above-mentioned address by 7th March 2011.
Last Date: 28.2.2011