ISAT 2012 Syllabus | ISAT 2012 Apply Online | ISAT 2012 Hall Ticket | ISAT 2012 Result
Submitted by IITguru on Tue, 11/08/2011 - 12:42
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), the first Space University of Asia, offers courses from undergraduate to doctoral level in Space Science and Technology. Situated in the picturesque locale of Valiamala, the Institute is poised to become a world class centre of learning.
ISAT-2012 (IIST Admission Test - 2012):
About the Courses:
- B. Tech. in Aerospace Engineering: 60
- B. Tech. in Avionics: 60
- B. Tech. in Physical Sciences: 36
Schedule of ISAT-2012:
The test will be held on Saturday, 21st April 2012 from 9.00 am to 12.00 noon. The schedule will remain unaltered even if the above date is declared a public holiday.
Nature of the Examination
The question paper will consist only of objective type questions in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The answer for each question is to be recorded on a specially designed machine-gradable Optical Response Sheet (ORS) and evaluated through Optical Mark Reader (OMR). A sample copy of the sheet is given in APPENDIX-1. The candidate is expected to choose the correct answer and record his/her response by darkening the appropriate bubble using hard black (HB) pencils alone. Marking more than one answer for any given question will render the response invalid. Correct answers will be awarded three marks each. Every incorrect answer will be awarded one negative mark. The detailed syllabi, based on which ISAT-2012 will be conducted, for the three subjects; namely, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are available at www.iist.ac.in/isat2012 .
The expenditure per semester for tuition fees, hostel accommodation and boarding, etc. is borne fully by IIST for every student who scores a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 6 out of 10. In addition, a book allowance of Rs 3000 is provided every semester to the students. Failure to secure 6.0 GPA or above in any semester will entail the student to pay the expenditure towards hostel charges including dining, establishment charges and medical cover for the next semester.
ISAT-2012 will be conducted in twenty-two cities across India. These cities are :
- Port Blair,
Students seeking admission to ISAT-2012 are required to pay Examination Fee as under:
- Male candidates in GEN and OBC categories: Rs.600/-
- Female candidates (GEN and OBC): Rs. 300/-
- All SC, ST, PD candidates: Rs. 300/-
- Hall Tickets for all eligible candidates will be generated and will be made available online from 2nd March 2012 to 10th April 2012 on the website.
- A candidate can download/print the Hall Ticket from the website for appearing for ISAT- 2012 by logging onto the site using his/her login id and password.
- No hard copy of the Hall Ticket will be issued by ISAT office by post.
Use of calculation and communication aids in the Examination Hall:
Use of electronic computing and communication devices like mobile phone, calculator, tablet etc. and materials like logarithm table, text books, notebooks, etc. are NOT PERMITTED in the examination hall.
Candidates belonging to GEN and OBC categories require an aggregate of at least 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) in the qualifying examination (10+2 or equivalent) to make them eligible for appearing in ISAT 2012 and those belonging to SC/ST/PD should have an aggregate of at least 60% marks in PCM subjects in the QE.
To qualify for ISAT-2012, the year of first appearance in the QE of the candidates should be 2011 or 2012.
Only those candidates who have attained the required percentage for QE in 2011 or 2012 will be eligible for ISAT-2012. If a candidate is expecting the results of the QE in 2012, he/she shall submit the relevant documents in support of passing the examination and obtaining 70% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (60% in case of SC/ST candidates) on or before 1 July, 2012.
How To Register The Application On-line:
A candidate has to apply online through the websites mentioned above. Online registration portal will be open from 10.00 a.m. on 1st November 2011 and will be available up to 11.30 p.m. on 31st December 2011. Candidates are requested to download a copy of the brochure from ISAT-2012 homepage. Candidates must read the instructions contained in the Information Brochure carefully, before starting the process of applying for ISAT 2012. The stages ‘A to C’ given below are involved in the process of registration and submission of details of the candidate for ISAT-2012.
- Online registration begins on 1st November 2011
- Last date of Online Registration 31st December 2011
- Last date of remitting fees 6th January 2012
- Last date of receipt of Institute Copy of Challan 16th January 2012
- Date of displaying the status of application 24th February 2012
- Hall Ticket made available on the website for downloading/printing 2nd March to 10th April 2012
- Date of ISAT-2012 21st April 2012
- Announcement of Results and Publication of Rank 23rd May 2012