(Scholarship) LIC Golden Jublee Scholarship Scheme 2011-12
Submitted by IITguru on Mon, 08/01/2011 - 12:53
LIC Golden Jubilee scholarship scheme for students of economically weaker families for pursuing higher studies in medicine, engineering, graduation in any discipline, diploma courses in any field and vocational course of graduation level through government recognized colleges/institutes which leads to immediate employment.
1000 scholarships in All India (10 scholarships per divisional centre of LIC for equal number of boys and girls, 5 each) by the LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation.
Scheme of ‘LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship’ For Students Belonging To The Economically Weaker Families For Pursuing Higher Studies.
Students who have passed Class XII exam or its equivalent in the Academic Year 2010-11 and are interested to pursue higher education in the field of
- Medicine, Engineering, Graduation, in any discipline, Diploma Course in any field or other equivalent courses.
- Vocational Courses through Government recognized Colleges/Institutes or courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITI).
Rate of Scholarship: Rs.10,000/- per annum, Rs.1000/ payable monthly for ten months by Cheques to the Beneficiary.
- Scholarship shall be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 60% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs.60,000/ per annum. Students having the lowest family income shall be given preference in the ascending order.
- The scholarship shall be discontinued if a student fails to secure 50% in B.A./B.COM. and 55% marks in other streams or equivalent grade, in the previous final examination of the course for which scholarship is awarded. Scholarship shall not be awarded for more than the normal period of time taken to obtain certificate/degree.
- Scholarship shall not be given to more than one student in a family.
- The students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick shall be decided by the competent authority of the school/college/university.
- Income certificate should be on self-certification basis by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper for self-employed parents and from employer for employed parents supported by documents such as land held by revenue department in the name of parents.
- If a student violates any other term and condition of the scholarship, the scholarship may be suspended or cancelled.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement/certificates, his/her scholarship shall be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid shall be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned Divisional Administration of LIC.
- LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation will lay down the detailed procedure for processing and sanctioning of scholarships to eligible students.
- The scheme shall be evaluated at regular intervals by the LICGJF.
- The regulations can be changed at any time at the discretion of the Board of Trustees of LICGJF
How To Apply:
Only online applications are to be submitted through the link on the Home page. Pl. note that MICR number is not mandatory while submitting the online application form .
Last Date: 08.08.2011