Defence Institute of Advanced
Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) is a Deemed
University (DU), contributing significantly in the sphere of Human Resources
Development for the Defence Forces by way of imparting education and training on
Defence Technology to the officers of Armed Forces, Scientists of the DRDO,
Technical Officers of the Ordnance Factory Board, Directorate of Quality
Assurance, Public Sector Undertakings, General Public and friendly foreign
countries. The University conducts Ph.D.., M.S. and M.Tech. Programmes and
offers a number of short-term courses.
At present, DIAT(DU) conducts 13 M.Tech. programmes in the
areas of Defence Technologies. Ph.D. programmes are offered in various applied
areas of science and technology. In addition to admitting Service Officers and
DRDO personnel, a few seats are offered with scholarship to the general public
having GATE score / UGC-CSIR NET certificates wherever applicable.
- Post Graduate Degree in the relevant area of Science
- Post Graduate Degree in Engineering [ME/M.Tech. or equivalent]
- GATE Score OR valid NET/ SET Certificate
- Engineering Post Graduates who have secured M.Tech/ME admission through
GATE or having a valid GATE score at present only are eligible to apply.
- Candidate should have secured minimum 60% aggregate or equivalent CGPA
(6.5/10) in the qualifying examination. This is relaxed by 3% in the case of
OBC candidates and by 5% for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates who are in the final semester of their degree are eligible to
apply provided they have secured over 60%(CGPA 6.5/10) in semesters till the
final semester and are optimistic of scoring above the required percentage
of marks in the last semester.
- Provisional certificate in such cases along with Mark sheet·· of the
final semester are required to be submitted before commencement of programme.
The admission for Ph.D. will be based on performance in the entrance exam
conducted by the Department mentioned concerned followed by interview.
- Last Date for accepting Application Form: 25
- Tentative Date of Written Test / Interview :
2nd Week of Dec 2011
- Tentative date of commencement of the Programme:
2nd Week of Jan 2012
How To Apply
Candidates are required to apply online using the link
provided under ‘Admission’ in DIAT Website. Application fees of
Rs.200/- (Rs.100/- for SC/ST candidates) per
programme is required to be paid online and the transaction ID has to be
indicated in the application being uploaded online. A copy of the payment
confirmation/challan copy has to be presented during verification at the time of
interview. Separate applications must be made for the different Ph.D. programmes.