Life Insurance Corporation of India
LIC Golden Jubilee scholarship scheme for students of economically weaker
families for pursuing higher studies in medicine, engineering, graduation in any
discipline, diploma courses in any field and vocational course of graduation
level through government recognized colleges/institutes which leads to immediate
1000 scholarships in All India (10 scholarships per divisional centre of LIC
for equal number of boys and girls, 5 each) by the LIC Golden Jubilee
Scheme of ‘LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship’ For Students Belonging To The
Economically Weaker Families For Pursuing Higher Studies.
Students who have passed Class XII exam or its equivalent in the Academic
Year 2010-11 and are interested to pursue higher education in the field of
- Medicine, Engineering, Graduation, in any discipline, Diploma Course in
any field or other equivalent courses.
- Vocational Courses through Government recognized Colleges/Institutes or
courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITI).
Rate of Scholarship: Rs.10,000/- per annum, Rs.1000/ payable
monthly for ten months by Cheques to the Beneficiary.
- Scholarship shall be awarded to the students who have secured not less
than 60% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and
the annual income of whose parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed
Rs.60,000/ per annum. Students having the lowest family income shall be
given preference in the ascending order.
- The scholarship shall be discontinued if a student fails to secure 50%
in B.A./B.COM. and 55% marks in other streams or equivalent grade, in the
previous final examination of the course for which scholarship is awarded.
Scholarship shall not be awarded for more than the normal period of time
taken to obtain certificate/degree.
- Scholarship shall not be given to more than one student in a family.
- The students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick
shall be decided by the competent authority of the
- Income certificate should be on self-certification basis by way of an
affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper for self-employed parents and from
employer for employed parents supported by documents such as land held by
revenue department in the name of parents.
- If a student violates any other term and condition of the scholarship,
the scholarship may be suspended or cancelled.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false
statement/certificates, his/her scholarship shall be cancelled forthwith and
the amount of the scholarship paid shall be recovered, at the discretion of
the concerned Divisional Administration of LIC.
- LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation will lay down the detailed procedure for
processing and sanctioning of scholarships to eligible students.
- The scheme shall be evaluated at regular intervals by the LICGJF.
- The regulations can be changed at any time at the discretion of
the Board of Trustees of LICGJF
How To Apply:
Only online applications are to be submitted through the link on the Home
page. Pl. note that MICR number is not mandatory while submitting the online
application form .
Click Here To Online Apply
Last Date: 08.08.2011