Ministry of Human Resource Development
Department of Higher Education
TURKISH GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP
Applications are invited from Indian National residing in India on plain
paper in the FORMAT GIVEN AT THE END for the award of Turkish Government
Scholarships for 2011-12 which are as follows:-
Number of Scholarship: 4
- Research scholarship are granted for those who will do scientific
research in their field of interest in Turkish Universities (Subjects: (i)
Agriculture (ii) Biotechnology and (iii) Environmental
- Duration of the scholarships is for two to eight months.
- Scholarship will start on 1st October, 2011.
- Travel expenses to and from Turkey will be met by the
- The Turkish Government will meet the tuition fees, housing cost and
medical treatment expenditure for scholars (except long-tern illness,
serious surgical operations, prosthesis, jaw orthopedics, orthodontics
and teeth prosthesis).
- Should have completed graduate programmes (Master/Ph.D) lasting at
least four years before 27.5.2011 minimum 60% marks in relevant
- Should have fluent communication skill in at least one Language i.e.
Turkish, English or French Languages.
- Should be medically fit.
- Age: Below 40 years as on 27.5.2011.
- Research proposals/specific work to be undertaken (in separate sheet
) to be furnished.
- Applications received after last date will not be entertained.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The selected candidates will avail of scholarships in all cases.
Therefore, an undertaking that he/she will not refuse the offer should be
sent in duplicate alongwith the application.
- Applications of candidates who reside abroad will not be entertained.
- Candidates who have already been abroad for
study/specialization/training either on scholarship or on their own for a
period exceeding six months are eligible to apply if they have been in India
for at least two consecutive years after their return from abroad.
- The candidates would have sufficient knowledge of the geographical
situation and cultural heritage of Indian and Turkey.
- Candidate can apply only for one subject.
- The decision of the Selection Committee shall be final. However, final
selection rests with the donor country.
- Candidates who do not possess the requisite qualification need not
- No canvassing in any form will be entertained.
- No application from will be provided by the Ministry.
- Applications must be accompanied by attested copies of certificates
regarding date of birth, diplomas, degrees, mark-sheets in respect of all
the examinations passed alongwith experience certificate of Employment and
one copy of recently taken passport size photograph with signature (to be
pasted on the application form). Self attested certificates will not be
- Applicants may keep ready the transcript, health report, recommendation
letter, acceptance letter and curriculam vitae which are required to be
submitted at the time of interview.
How To Apply
Applications alongwith supporting documents for the date of
birth, qualification and research proposal must reach to the Section Officer,
ES-4 Section, Department of Higher Education, West Block-1, 2nd Floor, Wing-6,
R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066. Those who are employed must sent their application
through their employer. Application received after the due date will not be
considered. On line application may be accepted provided hard copy of the
application alongwith enclosures (attested copies of certificates, marksheet
etc) reach the Ministry with 5 days after the last date. Any clarification may
be sought by telephone No.011-26172498.
27 th May 2011