Recruitment of OCES and DGFS (Training Programmes) at BARC
Department of Atomic Energy Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Training Schools,
Invites Engineering Graduates and Science Post-Graduates.
Name Of Post: OCES-2011 and DGFS-2011.
Grade And Pay Scale: Appointment in all the units shall be as a Scientific Officer (C) in the pay band Rs 15,600-39,100 with grade pay of Rs 5,400.
Age Limit (Age as on August 1, 2011):
- General Category - 26 years, OBC-29 years, SC/ST–31 years
- Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 (Dep1984) -31 years
- Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from
01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989 (Dom Kashmir) –31 years.
1. One-year Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Post-Graduates for the year 2011-2012 (OCES-2011).
Successful Trainees will be posted as scientific officers in one of the
following DAE units:
- Atomic Minerals Directorate of Exploration & Research (AMD), Hyderabad
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC),Mumbai
- Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Ltd (BHAVINI), Kalpakkam
- Board of Radiation and Isotope Technology (BRIT), Mumbai
- Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT), Indore
- Heavy Water Board (HWB), Mumbai
- Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakka
- Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC), Hyderabad
- Uranium Corporation of India Ltd(UCIL), Jaduguda
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd(NPCIL), Mumbai
- Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC), Kolkata.
2.Two-year DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Post-Graduates for the term beginning in 2011
(DGFS-2011). Under this scheme, Engineering Graduates and Physics Post-Graduates who are selected for the Training School programme and who also have secured admission for MTech/ MChemEngg in select institutes and specializations as listed in Table-3, are paid stipend and tuition fee to pursue a MTech/ MChemEngg degree while retaining their employment in DAE. After successful completion of one-year course work at the institute, fellows undertake project work, which is assigned and supervised jointly by a DAE and an institute guide. On successful completion of MTech/ MChemEngg, they are posted as Scientific Officers in DAE. On joining, they are required to first undertake a four-month Orientation Course (OCDF) at the BARC Training School. The DGFS fellows are enrolled and posted in one of the following units of
- BARC, Mumbai
- RRCAT, Indore
- IGCAR, Kalpakkam.
A non-refundable application-processing fee of Rs 250 ( Rupees Two Hundred and Fifty)
is chargeable from the applicants in General and OBC categories. Women candidates and the candidates belonging to SC/ST and Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) and physically challenged candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
How to apply:
With regard to payment of Application Fee, the candidate may download the three fold challan from the website
http://oces.hbni.ac.in and make the payment in any branch of the State Bank of India. There are two modes of application:
2. By Post.
- Online Application: After making the payment and getting the UNIQUE TRANSACTION NUMBER, the candidate who is applying online has to enter the said number as response to the relevant query in the online application form.
- By Post: Application by Post can be made by taking two photocopies on an A4 size (~8.3"x11.7") paper of the accompanying format as Application Form. No separate application form is issued. Fill in all the relevant information, paste photographs on both the copies and mail both copies to the address given in the application form. One copy shall be returned to the applicant indicating the application number. That copy should be brought along at the time of appearing for Written Test and/ or Interview. The portion of the challan marked “Institution Copy” should be mailed along with the application. Candidate
short listed for interview will have to produce original challan at the time of interview.
Written Test in Science Disciplines: Sunday February 27, 2011
Written Test in Engineering Disciplines: Sunday April 24, 2011
Engineering Disciplines (codes 21-29):
Last date of receipt of application on the basis of GATE Score: 25.3.2011(Postal),
Last date of receipt of application for those opting for written test in 7 Engineering Disciplines:
18.3.2011 (Postal), 25.3.2011(Online)
Science Disciplines (codes 41-43 & 45-46):
Last date of receipt of application for those opting for written test in Science Disciplines: 21.1.2011(Postal), 21.1.2011(Online).
Last date of receipt of application for those not opting for written test and receipt of GATE Score: 25.3.2011(Postal), 31.3.2011(Online).
All disciplines: Interview schedule to be displayed on website: 25.4.2011 onwards