AIEEE 2008 Solved Question Papers
(Mathematics, Chemistry & Physics)
Mathematics (Sample Question)
1. The mean of the numbers a, b, 8, 5, 10 is 6 and the variance is 6·80.
Then which one of the following gives possible values of a and b?
(1) a =1, b = 6 (2) a = 3, b = 4 (3) a = 0, b = 7 (4) a = 5, b = 2
Let a, b, c be any real numbers. Suppose that there are real numbers x, y, z
not all zero such that x = cy bz, y = az cx and
z = bx ay . Then a2 + b2 + c2 is equal to:
The quadratic equations x2 + 6x + a = 0 and x2 + cx
+ 6 = 0 have one root in common. The other roots of the first and second
equations are integers in the ratio 4:3. Then the common root is:
Chemistry (Sample Question)
Which one of the following is the correct statement?
(1) Chlorides of both beryllium and aluminium have bridged chloride structures
in solid phase.
(2) B2H6.2NH3 is known as inorganic benzene.
(3) Boric acid is a protonic acid.
(4) Beryllium exhibits coordination number of six.
Amount of oxalic acid present in a solution can be determined by its
titration with KMnO4 solution in the presence of H2SO4.
The titration gives unsatisfactory result when carried out in the presence of
HCl, because HCl
(1) reduces permanganate to Mn2+.
(2) oxidises oxalic acid to carbon dioxide and water.
(3) gets oxidised by oxalic acid to chlorine.
(4) furnishes H+ ions in addition to those from oxalic acid.
Which of the following factors is of no significance for roasting sulphide
ores to the oxides and not subjecting the sulphide ores to carbon reduction
(1) Metal sulphides are less stable than the corresponding oxides.
(2) CO2 is more volatile than CS2.
(3) Metal sulphides are thermodynamically more stable than CS2.
(4) CO2 is thermodynamically more stable than CS2.
Physics (Sample Question)
This question contains Statement-1 and Statement -2. Of the four choices
given after the statements, choose the one that best describes the two
Statement –1: Energy is released when heavy nuclei undergo fission or light
nuclei undergo fusion. and
Statement –2: For heavy nuclei, binding energy per nucleon increases with
increasing Z while for light nuclei it decreases with increasing Z.
(1) Statement –1 is true, Statement- 2 is true; Statement -2 is not a correct
explanation for Statement-1
(2) Statement –1 is true, Statement- 2 is false
(3) Statement –1 is false, Statement- 2 is true
(4) Statement –1 is true, Statement- 2 is true; Statement -2 is a correct
explanation for Statement-1
Two full turns of the circular scale of a screw gauge cover a distance of
1 mm on its main scale. The total number of divisions on circular scale is 50.
Further, it is found that screw gauge has a zero error of – 0.03mm. While
measuring the diameter of a thin wire, a student notes the main scale reading of
3mm and the number of circular scale divisions in line with the main scale as
35. The diameter of wire is
(1) 3.67 mm
(2) 3.38 mm
(3) 3.32 mm
(4) 3.73 mm
An experiment is performed to find the refractive index of glass using a
travelling microscope. In this experiment distances are measured by
(1) a meter scale provided on the microscope
(2) a screw gauge provided on the microscope
(3) a vernier scale provided on the microscope
(4) a standard laboratory scale.