(Paper) IIT UCEED Previous Year Question Paper - 2016
: Section A: Numerical :
1. A pyramid with a base side 6 cm and height 7 cm is
merged with a cube of length 5 cm such that the centroid of the cube matches
with the centre of the base of the pyramid. The base of the pyramid is parallel
to the base of the cube and the edges of the base of the pyramid are parallel to
the sides of the cube. Count the number surfaces in the resulting solid.
2. How many different types of symbols appear in the
figure given below?
3. The numbers in the hexagon groups are arranged in a
particular order. Find the number which would replace the question mark.
4. What is the maximum number of equilateral triangles of
side 3 cm that can be fitted in a large equilateral triangle with length 11.2
5. The figure given below is to be cloned twice. The first
clone on the right is to be reflected across the OP axis. The second clone on
the left is to be reflected across the MN axis. The resultant figure is then to
be cloned and reflected across the QR axis. Count the number of triangles in the
6. A company account book reveals the following figures:
Calculate the Operating Profit Ratio of the company.
7. How many different ways are there to get from Tile A to
Tile I without visiting a tile more than once, if only horizontal and vertical
movements are allowed?
8. There are some men and some women in a group. Each
person shakes hands with exactly one other person in the entire group. After
this round of handshakes, eight men and four women find that they shook hands
with someone of the same sex. The total number of handshakes exchanged in the
entire group is 87. At most how many women can there possibly be in this group?
9. It is 12 o’clock, and the hour and minute hands are
aligned exactly one over the other. Both hands move continuously. After how many
minutes will they meet again?
10. At most how many spheres of the same size can be
placed around a same size sphere at the centre so that they all simultaneously
touch the sphere at the centre?
Courtesy: IIT UCEED